Made in India . . . Refined in Austin
I am passionate about creating spatial & digital experiences for products that resonate emotionally with people. I have been part of projects that brought brands to life within engaging environments to render meaningful experiences. Designing for interactive spaces inspired me to translate from physical to digital mediums. Having lived in different parts of the world helps me bring in empathy to understand and problem-solve for users across different cultures. My ability to be versatile and thrive on change helps me deal with new challenges every day to bring in forward-thinking and innovation in my work.
Where am I now?
As an Experince Designer at Intrepid, an Accenture Digital Studio, I am currently expanding my professional knowledge & experience to design and implement cutting-edge digital solutions for a wide variety of products/services, as part of the core digital product design team deployed at the Accenture HTX Innovation Hub, an immersive environment to explore industry trends and digital technology that transform companies.
My Design Process
My UX design process is influenced and inspired from my previous experience of being a spatial designer. The unifying similarity in both fields is that regardless of the end product, understanding user is utmost important. I always like to start with;
Who is the user? | Why does the user care if the product exists? | What problem is the product trying to resolve?
My one constant between each of these pahses is to ask the right questions before moving on to the next stage. This helps me frame my approach to the problem and guides me towards the appropriate UX strategy and tools as each project is unique.
- Prior industry experience in working with brand driven design agencies for 2+ years in the capacity of an environment and visual experience designer.
- Being organized & detail oriented helps me be efficient & effective as part of multidisciplinary teams under different project managers.
- Juggling multiple projects with different clients has taught me to self-manage & prioritize deliverables, stay on track throughout the project to meet strict deadlines even under stress.
- My cultural, educational and professional background is something more of a opportunity than a threat to as diversity is a common theme in the UX industry. It helps me bring in empathy to understand and problem-solve for users across different cultures.
Methods & Tools
- User Research :
Contextual Enquiries | Affinity Mapping | User Stories | Journey Mapping
- App Flows, Wireframing & Visual Design :
Sketch | Abobe XD | Illustrator | Photoshop | InDesign
- Motion :
- Prototyping & Usability Testing :
Sketch | Craft | Invision | UXPin | Adobe XD
- Coding :
HTML | CSS
- 2D/3D Modelling & Rendering :
Google SketchUp | AutoCAD | VRay