Hello, Namaste . . . Howdy!
I am Prerna, experience designer, passionate about creating spatial and digital experiences for brands, products & services, that resonate emotionally with people.
As a UX/UI Designer at Digital Products, Accenture, I contribute to multiple projects ranging from short-term design-sprints to long-term delivery engagements. Collaborating within cross-functional teams to create a wide range of user experiences across web, mobile, and desktop applications is my biggest learning & takeaway from this role.
My journey into the world of design began 10 years ago with a Bachelors' Degree in Exhibition (Spatial) Design, creating themed spaces, wayfinding systems & branded retail spaces while working at different design consultancies on projects that brought brands to life within engaging environements & rendered memorable and meaningful experiences.
Designing for interactive spaces is what inspired me to transition to digital mediums.
My Design Process
My UX design process is influenced and inspired from my previous experience of being a spatial designer. The unifying similarity in both fields is that regardless of the end product, understanding user is utmost important. I always like to start with;
Who is the user? | Why does the user care if the product exists? | What problem is the product trying to resolve?
My one constant between each of these phases is to ask the right questions before moving on to the next stage. This helps me frame my approach to the problem and guides me towards the appropriate UX strategy and tools as each project is unique.
- Prior industry experience in working with brand driven design agencies for 3+ years in the capacity of an environment experience designer.
- I’m organized & detail oriented which helps me be efficient & effective while working on 2 or more different projects simultaneously, within multidisciplinary teams. This has taught me to self-manage & prioritize deliverables, stay on track throughout the project to meet strict deadlines even under stress.
- Having lived in different parts of the world also helps me bring in empathy to understand and problem-solve for users across different cultures.
- My ability to be versatile and thrive on change helps me deal with new challenges every day to bring in forward-thinking and innovation in my work.
Methods & Tools
- User Research
Contextual Enquiries | Affinity Mapping | Developing User Stories | Journey Mapping
- Task Flows, Wireframing & Visual Design
Whimsical | Sketch | Illustrator | Photoshop | InDesign
- Motion, Prototyping & Usability Testing
After Effects | Sketch | Craft | Invision | UXPin
- Cross-Team Collaboration
Abstract | Zeplin | Jira
HTML | CSS
- 2D/3D Visualization
Google SketchUp | AutoCAD | VRay